As IT Systems Administrator, you will work to support all our IT systems, including servers, WAN and workstations. Your responsibilities will encompass installing, supporting, and maintaining servers, software, and equipment. The ideal candidate is able to constantly prioritize and can manage projects independently.
Surfline/Wavetrak is the leading provider of live and predicted marine weather information, editorial content, and consulting services to consumers, businesses, and government agencies worldwide.
Our culture is one where we pursue achievement with humility and never lose touch with our roots. All candidates must keep our core values of being passionate, humble, human, focused and growth-minded at the forefront of their minds. This position will report to Surfline’s Director of Accounting and Administration and work out of our beachfront headquarters in Huntington Beach.
What You'll Do:
- You will be front-and-center in the effort to keep our internal network and systems fast and reliable, 100% of the time, which may include on-call support.
- You will be managing all our IT related support which includes:
- Active Directory / DNS group policy
- Office 365
- Windows Clients
- Mac Clients
- VPN clients
- Virtual Machine (VM) desktop and server environment
- Anti-virus deployment and management
- Office network and firewall administration
- Asset management
- Manage new hire setup
- Triage and resolve IT Help Desk tickets
- You will act as the point of contact for all internal desktop support issues.
- You will manage accounts for all internal software tools, including adding new hires and removing terminated employees.
- You will be installing new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- You will be responsible for inventory and providing accounting for our resources including software, server, workstations and laptop systems.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience with Linux/Unix Administration, Microsoft Windows Administration and macOS Administration: Software, Security, support of remote users via VPN technologies.
- Experience in VMware
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- At least one scripting language, Python is a plus.
- Outstanding customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide oversight for any assigned projects
You May Also Have:
- Cloud Administration (AWS, GAE, Office 365, etc)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Experience with Varnish, Apache, Nginx and Java Runtime environments
- Passion for ocean-going activities