At Surfline Wavetrak, we believe the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. We are committed to, and currently working towards, achieving accurate representation within the work we create and the workforce we are building, in order to help surfing become a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. At Surfline Wavetrak, we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.
As a Camera Operations Technician, you will assist the Surfline Wavetrak Camera Operations team with field operations relating to camera maintenance and expansion in Australia. You will be directly responsible for field responsibilities including, but not limited to: camera cleaning, repairs, installation and other miscellaneous tasks.
Under Surfline’s “Work from Anywhere” policy, this position may be performed on a full-time remote basis from any coastal location in New South Wales.
What You'll Do:
- Perform remote support and regularly go on service calls at camera locations.
- Facilitate cleaning (or perform cleaning) of cameras as needed.
- Maintain updates for all internal camera operations systems with network information.
- Assist the camera team with administrative tasks pertaining to the camera network, customer support, etc.
- Assist the Australian camera team to complete defined quarterly regional goals.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of weather stations at key locations.
- Collaborate with the customer service team to resolve all camera-related customer service inquiries in ZenDesk.
What We're Looking For:
- 1-2 years of relevant technical experience including computer networking and cable termination.
- Ability to work in the field and travel to sites as required; valid drivers license and reliable transportation required.
- Deep familiarity with surfing and an instinctual understanding of what makes a good camera experience.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
You May Also Have:
- Passion for ocean-going activities.
About Surfline Wavetrak:
Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. Since 1985, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other ocean enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better -- supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.