Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better -- supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
At Surfline Wavetrak, we do great work from anywhere. This ranges from our headquarters in Huntington Beach, CA, to across the globe. This position is eligible to be based from a variety of locations, including full-time remote.
Surfline is a brand that has all the ingredients to be among the most iconic in the world: a highly engaged community, passionate advocates, a rich heritage, and industry-leading product innovation. In addition to Surfline, Surfline Wavetrak has a growing family of global brands that is indispensable in connecting surfers and outdoor enthusiasts with their passions.
We are looking for a Head of Brand Marketing with the experience and passion to solidify Surfline as an iconic lifestyle brand, as well as develop powerful new brands for outdoor enthusiasts. This is an incredible opportunity to define our brands’ vision, then bring that vision to life with brand activations that shape culture, inspire commitment, and drive meaningful demand. You will ideate and execute innovative campaigns in collaboration with our growth marketing, performance marketing, editorial, and creative teams; as well as with partner brands. The Brand Marketing team serves as the strategic hub for how we connect with and inspire our consumers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead global strategy to powerfully position all Surfline Wavetrak brands. Define each brand’s vision, promise, and values.
- Lead brand identity development for all brands. Partner with stakeholders to drive effective brand execution through all consumer touchpoints and channels.
- Develop company-wide strategies for consumer campaigns that shape culture, inspire commitment, and drive meaningful demand. Lead campaign planning and the annual campaign calendar.
- Lead talented marketers to plan and execute Brand and Product Marketing campaigns that deliver on engagement and subscriber goals.
- Provide insights-driven and crisp campaign strategy briefs, which inspire brand-defining creative work. Support creative development.
- Lead communications planning that orchestrates marketing channel partners to deliver campaign results. Lead alignment of brand and campaign messaging across all channels.
- Lead consumer research. Uncover rich insights and distill these into actionable takeaways across the organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience leading brand marketing for world-class consumer media, lifestyle, sports, or culture brands.
- An exceptional brand strategist. Solid experience defining a unique and compelling brand vision, translating that vision into a strategic brand plan, then operationalizing a brand identity across all consumer touchpoints.
- Accomplished in campaign leadership and brand storytelling, with a strong portfolio of powerful campaigns that have successfully scaled globally and across channels.
- Relentlessly curious. Has their finger on the pulse of culture. Thinks deeply about consumers, brands, and their meaning. Translates that thought leadership into strong product narratives, and unexpected marketing activations that push brands forward.
- Ability to extract inspiration from multiple sources, then make informed decisions that balance the art and science required to build iconic brands.
- Experience leading a team of brand and product marketers responsible for campaign development from ideation to execution. Ability to guide crisp strategy development to inspire great creative work and high-performing marketing channel plans. Also has the ability to dive into the executional details as necessary to guide the team, so every touchpoint delivers powerfully against campaign goals.
- Strong collaborator that inspires, aligns, and delivers great campaign and brand work from the entire organization, as well as agency and brand partners. Excellent communicator and compelling storyteller. Experience presenting to senior leaders.
- Experience leading research initiatives that uncover meaningful and actionable insights.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, and inspire high-performing marketing talent.
- Knowledge of the surf industry, its lifestyle and culture. Passion for surfing and ocean activities.
You May Also Have:
- Knowledge of the surf industry, its lifestyle and culture.
- Passion for surfing and/or ocean activities.
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.