- Plymouth, United Kingdom
- Full Time
Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better -- supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
At Surfline Wavetrak, we do great work from anywhere. This ranges from our office in Plymouth, to across the globe. This position is eligible to be based from a variety of locations, including full-time remote.
As Editorial Specialist, you will guide the production and delivery of top-quality content on Surfline Wavetrak, especially with respect to writing, curating and publishing features. You will also be responsible for the creation, sourcing, selection, and presentation of photography and video.
All photo and video submissions will come through you to be edited, processed, uploaded, produced and promoted via social media channels. You will help make the call about which photographers should be dispatched on different projects, at times going out on location yourself to ensure the highest quality results. You will produce all features in the CMS and post all social content.
What You'll Do:
- Select, size, color-correct and pace-out photos and video for Surfline Wavetrak features.
- Write and curate features that uphold Surfline Wavetrak's high-quality standards.
- Basic video editing for features.
- Oversee the layout and design and produce and promote Surfline features, with guidance and oversight from Editor.
- Source imagery and video from outside contributors that meet the high standards of Surfline Wavetrak and its partners.
- Implement design templates on the site and social.
- Engage and keep in close contact with global network of contributors.
- Assist Editor in coming up with new feature ideas across all content pillars.
- Help organize surf trips-strike missions (where needed).
- Work with forecast team to know which surf spots are going to be good and when – and know who to reach out to for assets.
- Understand the importance of the cam network as it relates to all content – forecast, editorial, social, etc. Particularly cam rewinds.
- Where needed, hire third party photographers and videographers that meet the high standards of Surfline Wavetrak.
- Occasionally, if necessary, shoot photos and-or video for Surfline Wavetrak features: action, lineups, lifestyle, portraits, products, etc.
- Ensure photo submissions are uploaded and labeled correctly on DAM.
- Work alongside and assist DAM lead where needed.
- Ensure there is a steady flow of high-quality assets for social media.
- Work with global content team leaders and regularly assist where able and relevant.
- Work with contributors on invoicing and payments.
What We're Looking For:
- A passion for and ability to identify high-quality surf photos and video.
- The ability to quickly and successfully source content and communicate with top-notch third party photographers and videographers.
- The ability to consistently produce high quality, well-designed features.
- The ability to solicit, organize and edit a wide array of submissions.
- The ability to be flexible with hours, works schedule based around swell events, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite tools, with expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Fine-tuned communication skills.
You May Also Have:
- A wide network of surf industry and athlete relationships.
- An unbridled enthusiasm for surfing, waves, surf-culture – or enthusiasm for being in the water.
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.